View Single Post
Old July 22 2013, 04:50 AM   #185
Melakon
Rear Admiral

Re: The ENT and Melakon

HopefulRomantic, that's a great cast photo. Is there a larger version available?

=
2:06 - Marauders

TV Blurb: Toshiro Mifune and friends help defend a mining colony from Eli Wallach. Teleplay by David Wilcox; Story by Rick Berman & Brannon Braga. Directed by Mike Vejar.

Apparently intentionally based on John Sturges' The Magnificent Seven, which was based on Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. I'm not sure whether Archer is supposed to be Yul Brynner or Steve McQueen. The method used to trick the stupid bandits reminded me of the ruse used by the citizens of Rock Ridge in Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles. In any case, I think the Roger Corman produced Battle Beyond the Stars directed by Jimmy Murakami does a better homage.

A saving grace of this episode is it appears much of it was shot on location. The biggest plot hole for me was why the bad guys didn't notice their previous transporter coordinates were different.

For those who like inspecting actors' backsides, about 15 minutes in there's about 30 seconds of Archer, T'Pol, and Trip walking away from the camera. As if anyone would try to slo-mo such a thing.

Trivia: In the 1983 film Twilight Zone: The Movie, episode guest star Larry Cedar played the Gremlin on the Airplane Wing in the "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" segment. John Lithgow had played the distressed passenger who was previously played by William Shatner in the original episode.

Next: "The Seventh"

Last edited by Melakon; July 22 2013 at 05:14 AM.
Melakon is offline   Reply With Quote