View Single Post
Old July 22 2013, 12:30 AM   #211
Christopher
Writer

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

The Keeper wrote: View Post
Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

http://batman-news.com/2013/07/20/wa...ovie-for-2015/
So they are going to be enemy's? I still don't get how that works, but I understand there is a precedent for it from the older comics, correct? Could someone who knows that story shed a little light on the dynamics of their embattled interactions together?
As mentioned already, it's a standard comic-book trope to have superheroes fight each other first and then figure out they're on the same side and work together. While the older comics portrayed Superman and Batman as equally wholesome do-gooders and best friends, comics and animated productions from the '80s onward have tended to show them starting out as rivals or uneasy allies due to their clashing methods and worldviews, and only later learning to respect and trust each other.

That is NOT a Burton/Schmacher era logo. Could they be 'retro-booting' this Batman back to a comic version, prior to the Burton era?
One can't read too much into a logo, especially not a tentative one like this. They haven't even written a script yet, let alone hired a director and art director who would determine what design to use for Batman's costume and logo in the film. When they do, they'll go with whatever logo design the art director's staff devises that the director is most satisfied with, and whether it resembles a particular comics design will be irrelevant since most moviegoers have never read the comics.

The designers of this logo probably just went with a batsymbol of that shape because the Superman shield could fit inside it.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote