The Doctor Who Panel happened today, hosted by Craig Ferguson. Can't find any video yet, but here are some tidbits from Screencrush
- Craig Ferguson hosted the panel, introducing Steven Moffat as “the bastard who killed Amy and Rory.” Moffat later said of the infamous couple’s fate “They died in their 80s. How much more merciful could I be?”
- Moffat kept predictably tight-lipped about the series itself, especially the 50th Anniversary special, but did offer “there are certain things we’ve been setting up for a very long time and they will be resolving in the 50th anniversary.”
- One recurrent topic was that of the Doctor’s unresolved sexual tension with his companions, which Smith says depends on which actor is within the role, describing his own as more flummoxed around women. Coleman called the character “asexual,” eliciting jeers from the crowd. Still, a snog isn’t outside the realm of possibility!
- Future episodes might shoot in America, as Smith expressed a desire to shoot the Christmas Special here, but Moffat retorted they’ve only started to write it, and would want a specific reason to shoot in America.
- On Captain Jack’s potential inclusion with the 50th Anniversary special, Moffat answered a fan question with “And how do you know what is or is not in the 50th?” Moffat admitted to “lying his ass off” in past interviews, but promised that Captain Jack could come back if they had a good story idea for him.
- Smith admitted his desire to play “The Master” if not the Doctor, while Coleman jokes about playing Strax, despite Moffat’s insistence she would be too short for it.
- “It’s supposed to be scary,” Moffat said of the frightening imagery of the show, which often evinces any gore or blood. “When I was a kid, I was proper terrified of ‘Doctor Who.’”
“there are certain things we’ve been setting up for a very long time and they will be resolving in the 50th anniversary.”
let this mean we will finally find out who blew up the TARDIS. :crosses fingers: