View Single Post
Old July 21 2013, 10:59 PM   #107
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Stargate Universe Rewatch: Now with teacake

teacake wrote: View Post
But this time, knowing what is to come, I could see much more clearly that TJ's dream was all her wishing and desires culminating in her fear and body's knowledge the she no longer had the baby.
I always assumed TJ's dream was Destiny's computer implanting a dream into her head, much like it does later on in the season with Young and the battle scenarios. Except instead of testing Young's worth to be its commander, in this case Destiny is simply trying to give TJ something comforting to help her deal with the loss of her baby. TJ seeing the nebula from her dream at the end of the episode kind of helps back this up, Destiny used its image for TJ's dream to help sell the fantasy. Would have worked had Dr. Caine and his gang not returned. Alien gods can be such douchebags

So I am assuming when this was written they thought they might actually find the baby again, or leave it open ended forever?
I don't know, I would think that when the episode was written they had the first half of the season mapped, and Dr. Caine's return was in the first half. But who knows?

MacLeod wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Throughout the whole Lucian Alliance tries to take Destiny storyline, the Lucian Alliance themselves come off as cartoony bad guys. Randomly killing minions for not being competent enough, brutally torturing their prisoners, Kiva with her "I'm not really a bad person, I just do bad things for my people" routine, the whole thing was pretty damn silly.

And why do the Lucian Alliance care so much about Destiny? Yeah, I know there's supposed to be legends and myths about the great treasures and rewards to be found at the other end of the Stargate when you dial the nine chevron address. But based on the conversation between Rush and Varo, the Alliance know damn well that the other end of the ninth chevron leads to a run-down starship on the ass-end of the universe. Yet they still want to make a play for it since it means getting an Ancient starship. If having an Ancient ship is so damn important, wouldn't it be easier to find a way over to the Pegasus galaxy and take one of the dozens that are drifting over there?
You still need an intergalactic hyperdrive to get there.
And is that really any harder to find than a super-rare naquadriah planet?