View Single Post
Old July 21 2013, 09:01 PM   #17
TheMasterOfOrion
Fleet Captain

Re: Is DC going to be relegated as a comicbook company?

Even so I see DC studios going to snooze for a while, it seems a little too late. Even if they do Batman-Superman or plan Justice league it seems a little late off the mark. Dynamite, Image, Marvel these guys have comics running and new projects in concept, productions and post production right now. All DC have are ideas and logos, they need to get their butts moving fast otherwise other companies may pass them by

There are a whole load of comicbook ideas floating out there DrWho, Hellboy, RedSonja, StarWars.....DC needs to announce new books

As for real announcements, Marvel has interview with real actors on what a certain script is like....what its like working with such film directors
You have marketing CGI leaks, production photos in magazines on websites, easter eggs at Comic-con, cast interviews, talk about the post production process, Tom Hiddleston talking about Loki's future character development ....DC hasn't even got off the running block yet

This is what one of WB's biggest actors says on their movies only a few days ago:
“Justice League could be great if done correctly. It’s a very tough one to do because the DC Comics heroes are all godlike in their power so in the real-world setting we’re telling our story in it’s going to be tough to achieve that and it has to be done very delicately and with a lot of thought. So it won’t be right away, certainly not, or I hope it’s not anyway. It may take some time building other movies and other characters and then introduce them together in one way or another.”
“I think it would be great to do but I don’t think it’s around the corner.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/...-league-warner
http://screenrant.com/man-of-steel-h...gue-interview/

So Christian Bale won't be anywhere near the film, Cavil hopes they don't rush it and was kept completely in the dark about WB and DC's next phase of films

Sounds like a difficult year ahead for them

I actually see the day when DC moves away from film and comics completely, making films is an expensive process and when it goes wrong you have massive flops on your hands like Green Lantern. This year 2013 has seen some terrible box office flop

It's much easier for these companies to make money selling Batman baseball caps and Spider-Man mugs, merchandizing is an easier way to bring home the cash

Dynamite and Image and others, they seem to be some of the few left who are serious about running a comic book business.

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
DC Comics had little or nothing to do with the decision not to go ahead with Whedon's take on WW. Whedon's been in Hollywood for a while and understands how it works. I doubt he holds the DC Comics responsible for the decisions of the Warner Bros movie division.
So it was the decision of WB execs? You don't think it was a mistake for them to trash Wonder Woman projects?
TheMasterOfOrion is offline   Reply With Quote