View Single Post
Old July 21 2013, 06:50 PM   #43
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: How excited are you about the new Ninja Turtles movie?

Christopher wrote: View Post
You were speaking as though the issue were about whom they should have cast to fit the revised conception of the character; my point is that the question to be asked is a step or two further back in the process, namely, what motivated them to make that particular revision in the first place?
We'd have to ask Bay, I guess, though his predilection for military/cop characters is of course nothing new. And I'd think that the storytelling advantages of having a US military villain in a NYC-based story are fairly self-evident...

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Though I'm not really a TMNT fan, it does kind of bother me that Shredder is being reimagined as an evil military officer. Mainly because it implies the movie is going to feature a villainous government agency as a foil to the heroes, which is something Bay has already done with the Transformers movies. Like I said earlier, it just makes the movie look like Transformers with giant robots replaced with sentient turtles.
But in the TF movies, the military is saintly/heroic, and it's the whiny politicians and bureaucrats who're corrupt. A military antagonist sounds like it could be a pretty significant departure to moi...
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote