View Single Post
Old July 21 2013, 10:07 AM   #112
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
I still say this version of Superman needs a lot more character development and time to get fully fleshed out before they toss an iconic character like Batman at him. He was overshadowed enough by Jor-El's presence and the CGI battles. Cavill deserved a chance at that.
Yeah I would have preferred seeing a standard MOS sequel as well, but I still think Superman comes across as fully-formed enough by the end of the first movie. We finally saw a confidence in him that had been lacking through much of the movie, and the smile at the end suggested he was ready to start his new life.

All that's really left is to establish his secret identity and whatever kind of relationship he has with Lois, which I'm sure this sequel will have no problem doing.

JRoss wrote: View Post
I simply can't believe how DC is so far behind everything. They should have had a Justice League movie in the vein of Avengers five years before Avengers came out. They have the most iconic characters as far as society overall is concerned.
Yeah but they're also much harder to translate to film. And a Justice League movie would have to use a very different tone than the jokey, Whedon-esque style being used for the Avengers.

My guess is they'll try to take the grounded, documentary style approach Snyder used in MOS, and stretch that across all the DC movies (much like the comic booky style that's being used for all the Marvel movies). I know not everyone was a fan, but I thought it worked great, and is probably the best way to put all these iconic characters in the same room and make it seem believable.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote