View Single Post
Old July 21 2013, 01:10 AM   #75
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Press release says Cavill, Adams, Lane and Fishburne are confirmed to return and that a new Batman will be cast. Here's the logo they showed at Comic-Con.
Interesting. Will they be using the Nolan Batman continuity, with a new actor, or set up something else? Seems strange to jump in with a new continuity for Batman without setting it up in its own story, but at the same time the Nolanverse really doesn't have room for a magic flying alien.
Honestly, I don't think they really need a new movie to set up a new Batman. At this point, most of the world knows the basics: Wayne Manor, Alfred, Bat-Cave, dead parents, etc.

If, in the new movie, Superman visits Gotham City and a mysterious stranger in a bat-suit emerges from the shadows, I doubt if anyone in the audience is going to wonder, "Hey, who is this Batman dude? What's his story?"
Exactly. If Snyder, Goyer, Nolan, ect; feel the need to put their own stamp on Batman's origins for this new continuity, they can holdout for the eventual solo movie. It wouldn't well serve the pacing of a team-up movie to diverge away from the movie's main story for however long it takes to give the audience information that it essentially already knows.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; July 21 2013 at 01:52 AM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote