View Single Post
Old July 20 2013, 11:58 PM   #29
solariabsg25
Captain

View solariabsg25's Twitter Profile
Re: Buck Rogers in the 25th Century - pilot "Awakening" missing scene

RandyS wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
^I didn't even know there was a novelization. I collected plenty of novelizations at the time, but I can't recall ever coming across that one. I did have one issue of the comics adaptation, though. Just one issue. I don't know why.
Yep. It was titled simply "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" and it was written by Addison E Steele, who wrote a second book called "That Man on Beta", which If I remember correctly, was an original novel using the TV characters. You can find both on Amazon.
Yes I had both of them, only things I remember distinctly were Buck seeing a Draconian fighter diving at him at an "impossible angle" during the fake pirate attack, and in That Man On Beta, Wilma looking at Buck in shock when Ardala is describing his physical prowess (Ardala was discussing physical tests, but in such a way that Wilma thought she was talking about sex!).

I don't remember any missing scene from Buck Rogers, but I missed the initial broadcast of Awakening on ITV as my family were on holiday that weekend.