View Single Post
Old July 20 2013, 10:37 PM   #14
Relayer1
Commodore

Re: OT: I wish Pocket would do something like this

Christopher wrote: View Post
Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
Meh. I stopped reading the Star Wars EU as soon as VII was announced. What's the point when 90% of novel/comic continuity will be erased?
Nothing's going to be "erased." It's just not going to be agreed with. All the old stories will still be there. And the point is enjoyment. It's not like you're studying for some test where you have to get the "right" answers to avoid failing. The end result of reading fiction is not to have the continuity right. The end result of reading fiction is to enjoy the story. All fiction is imaginary anyway, after all. The movies are just as made-up as the books. They're just stories for fun. They don't stop being fun just because they don't fit together.
Intellectually I have to agree. I stopped reading the Star Wars EU a good while before the new movies were announced (during the Vong war) simply because I wasn't enjoying them.

However, I have slogged through the occasional Trek novel I didn't like just to keep up with continuity and I probably won't read the Khan prequel comics as they dont fit with Greg's novels.

I like a coherent universe, but I've got to enjoy the stories too...