View Single Post
Old July 20 2013, 08:36 AM   #871
Death of Rats
Commodore

Re: Any old timers still around?

Hi not-at-all-evil Robert! Long time no see!
If you have a prob with the German Dativ and need the help of a native speaker who is actually proficient in all matters grammatical (it's really sad that one has to stress that today - in my time it was a matter of course that people had a grasp of their mother tongue), please don't hesitate to contact me.

mr.peany wrote: View Post
May 2000 and I'm still a fleet captain. Sheesh.
September 2001 IIRC and I just turned a Commie (this is my 2nd round through the ranks, though). Be sure to post in the Flaptains' Lounge! It's a great place and there are awfully nice posters there atm. *waves to ex-fellow-Flaptains*
Timofnine wrote: View Post
I think that some older accounts were deleted at some point? I seem to remember my original account being deleted at some point (along with other users and posts) and I had to register again with a new one?
Correct. There was the big troll hunt in which approximately 0.2% of missmanners' duals got deleted, then there was the 2002 database crash and either before or after that - I am not 100% sure - there was a period when inactive accounts got deleted after a certain time. I happen to remember that because I had left during the troll hunt and re-registered when Kelly died. I made only one post to express my commiserations and then didn't use the account anymore. A few months later I received a notification mail that my account would get pruned if unused any longer.
Much to my chagrin I forgot which year that was. When did Kelly die? 2002 or 2003?

And congrats, Shatna! The green suits you