View Single Post
Old July 20 2013, 04:29 AM   #22
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier
Re: Convention photo ops

Captain_Koloth wrote: View Post
That's sort of my point. It is worth it to me. My intention was more to find out what other people's experiences have been with it rather than to start a philosophical discussion on whether it costs too much. Though it probably does in some objective sense.
I can't say about photo op experiences, because I've never paid for such. But I do have photos of myself with actors from before that horrible trend began. So I totally get wanting such.

If you have a particular favorite, or two or three? It could be worth it for that.

Without having been through that particular procedure though, I can tell you that the bigger a convention is, the more rushed, impersonal, and cattle-call like experience you're going to get.

I've been to small cons and big cons. And Vegas is a MEGA con. It's the grand-daddy big-time super-bowl convention.

Which means more than likely you'll be lucky to spend 15 seconds with the person, maybe 30 at the outset. Yes, you may get a hand-shake. A "nice to meet you" or something else. But you can sometimes get that from an autograph op too.

Really I don't know what to advise you to do other than this: go with your gut.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote