View Single Post
Old July 20 2013, 02:23 AM   #26
Grant
Fleet Captain

Re: The Official Deleted/Alternate Material Thread

CaptainBearclaw wrote: View Post
Thank you grant, I was gonna ask what else was in that workprint.

You got all the larger cuts--all that was left was individual lines cut here and there--which would never get seen in a deleted section because they are just too short--but interesting.
That is the beauty of seeing the workprint--you get to see many tiny differences that you'd never see in a simple 'deleted section'
I'd happily buy any future TWOK release that included either a deleted section or even better the workprint itself (obviously I prefer it in color--LOL)

CaptainBearclaw wrote: View Post
My rudimentary list for TVH. Don't hesitate to correct me.

The famous prologue. Only thing to note here is that the score seems to just be an assembly of different Rosenman pieces.
A scene at Starfleet HQ showing Janice Rand once again.
Saavik and Kirk discussing her pregnancy.
The famous scene of Sulu and his young great-grandfather. Cut for child actor's less-than-pleasing performance.

P.S. Keep checking the first three lists, I'm constantly updating them.
Other stuff from TVH was Sarek and Chapel in a turbo-lift just before his dramatic entrance.
A brief exchange between Sarek and the Fed Pres after the klingon storms out,
a scene where the surgeon asks "Why hasn't this man been prepped!" (acknowledging the fact Chekov hasn't yet had his head shaved for the brain surgery)

By the way the scene with Sulu's great-grandfather was not shot at all--the child got stage fright and just as Nimoy had calmed him down his nutty stage-mother flipped out and started screaming at him and he froze up completely (from Takei's autobiography)

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
Maybe someone can either confirm or correct my memory of Star Trek 6 TVH. When they are at the court proceeding and Worf is defending them, I distinctly remember when it was shown in the theater a scene after it almost over where Bones asked Worf "When is it our turn?" and Worf tells him something like, "It happen already, that both sides go at the same time." Yet I have never seen this scene on any home release.
That scene was in the script, the novel and perhaps the comic(?), but it was never in any version that was shown in theaters to the best of my knowledge.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote