View Single Post
Old July 19 2013, 02:35 PM   #16
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Re: Dexter - The Final Season (Spoiler Discussion)

I'm surprised there isn't more activity in this thread. Anyway, watched the third episode last night and I am starting to suspect that Dexter was misdiagnosed by the doctor when he was a kid.

The shrink keeps marveling at how he is able to have such an emotional range for a psychopath and how unusual it is. She calls him a psychopath so frequently it's almost like she's trying to convince herself that he is one when in fact he may not be.

I wouldn't be surprised if the series winds up with Dexter discovering that he isn't a true psychopath and could have avoided his whole lifestyle if he hadn't been diagnosed as a psychopath and had instead been given proper treatment as a child. I can envision a scenario where Vogel is his last kill and he does it because she is the cause of so many deaths. I also wouldn't be surprised if Dexter was not Vogel's first foray into creating a functional psychopath.

Of course I could be totally off base here, but I'm enjoying what I'm seeing so far. I'm looking forward to see how it all (shrink)wraps up!
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote