View Single Post
Old July 19 2013, 01:30 PM   #48
Botany Bay
Commodore

Re: The Ashes 2013

Lunch, Day 2
England 361
Australia 1/42

Well I hope you're taking deep breaths and staying calm after the Watson dismissal OZ. Because I'm not

A typical effort from (t)Watto, cruising to 30 on a flat deck, with the bowling at his mercy, then on the stroke of lunch, planting his front foot to play a lazy shot and getting out plumb LBW to Bresnan who looked totally ineffective till that point.

Then, to ice the cake, he decides to review it Seriously, this guy is just lobotomised. Pietersen laughed in his face at the review, and rightly so. What a self-centered fool - frittering away his enormous talent like this. There was no excuse to get anything less than a ton out there after making a start in these conditions. Now Khawaja, in his comeback test has to come in under pressure. Just so frustrating.

This was England's session - allowing them to put on 70-odd this morning was a poor effort, particularly since Harris got a wicket with the first ball of the day. Congratulations to Harris, getting 5/72 in his comeback match, and thank god he did.

Seriously, there is no excuse for us not getting a lead on this wicket. If we can't, it will be pretty damning on our batsmen.
"Sometimes I get the feeling the only way we could achieve a STAR TREK segment on budget would be to have 60 minutes of Mr. Spock playing kazoo solo as Captain Kirk holds him in his arms while standing in a telephone booth."
Bob Justman, 1967.
Botany Bay is offline   Reply With Quote