View Single Post
Old July 18 2013, 08:24 PM   #1920
Vice Admiral
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
DalekJim wrote: View Post

"Constructed"? You mentioned a media case which is currently resulting in violent, savage rioting and looting from the black community in America. Have the white people paid them to do this?

Well, where I live most of the violent crime is committed by black people. This is because of economics, media agenda, and a cultural climate that does not exist in Westeros though, not their race. I wouldn't expect Summer Islanders to act like the scum in my city, and they don't seem to. Most white people in Westeros are douches too.
I'm sorry, but you are completely wrong on your description of the post-Zimmerman protests. There has been no 'savage rioting and looting' following the acquittal. Right-wing media may have been salivating at the prospect of post-Rodney-King-style rioting but it is well-documented that the vast majority of protests in response to the acquittal have been peaceful
Rolling Crime Wave in Hollywood
Protesters Detained in Victorville Rally
More on Victorville Arrests
Additional Hollywood Rioting
Beating in Baltimore
...and the "well-documented" list goes on and grows every day...

Right-wing media may have been shamelessly "salivating" to see it, but left-wing media has been blatantly blind to its existence. Both sides in this argument are acting stupidly, engaging in bald-faced race-baiting to pander to their own twisted political agendas and I shit on them both.

Do we really need to bog down a fucking GoT thread with this nonsense?
The first article you quote is by
Ben Shapiro is Editor-At-Large of Breitbart News and author of the New York Times bestseller “Bullies: How the Left’s Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences America” (Threshold Editions, January 8, 2013).
. Forgive me for not taking him seriously.

The second one says that
Police arrested 17 people in Victorville, a city outside of Los Angeles, after protesters tried to storm a shopping mall and a group of youths opened items at a gas station market and left without paying, authorities said.
Most of the arrests were for unlawful assembly
The majority of protesters in Victorville - about 80 of them - remained peaceful and obeyed the law during a rally in the desert city, Bachman said.
This is savagery? Unlawful assembly? 17 arrests?

Third article is the same story.

Fourth article:
Police emphasized that most of the protesters were peaceful. But there have been several splinter groups from the main protest that have been more aggressive, officials said.
Final story:
Baltimore police say they are investigating a witness account that a group of black youths beat a Hispanic man near Patterson Park Sunday while saying, "This is for Trayvon."
A witness posted the account on a community Facebook page, and police confirmed they are looking into whether the suspects' reaction to the verdict in the Florida trial of George Zimmerman played a part in the incident. A police report on the beating does not mention the alleged comments.
Reports on Facebook, really? How reliable. Note that the police report doesn't even mention the comments. Linking this to Trayvon protests is tenuous as best.

Fair enough, I don't want to dereail the ASOIAF of thread but I defy you to find any protest or series of protests, held by white, black or other people, right-wing, left-wing or whatever, where there won't be a few assholes to let everyone else down. I acknowledged in my previous post that there had been violence in these protests, I reiterate that this falls well short of savagery. In Belfast, we've had blast bombs, petrol bombs, nail bombs, police attacked with samurai swords, clubs etc. THAT is savagery.

I just hope it doesn't scare HBO off coming back here for future GOT.
Captaindemotion is online now   Reply With Quote