View Single Post
Old July 18 2013, 06:19 PM   #9
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: 2013 Emmy Nominations Announced

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
Alas, still no Charles Dance.
He wasn't submitted for consideration. The cast members submitted for Emmy consideration for the third season were:

Supporting Actor: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington
Supporting Actress: Emilia Clarke, Natalie Dormer, Michelle Fairley, Lena Headey, Sibel Kekilli
Guest Performer: Ciarán Hinds, Diana Rigg

I'm not sure if it's purely up to HBO and the producers to choose who gets submitted, or if the cast members have input in the matter. The inclusion of Kekilli (the weakest cast member in my opinion) over Maisie Williams is a headscratcher.

I'm glad to see Emilia Clarke and Diana Rigg join Peter Dinklage in the acting noms.
I agree including Sibel Kekilli over Maisie Williams is a head scratcher, but I'm still disappointed about Charles Dance. I guess Dream is right that he doesn't care.

Still, I agree it's good to see other actors from Game of Thrones being nominated and I wouldn't be surprised if Diana Rigg wins.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote