View Single Post
Old July 18 2013, 03:46 PM   #31
Shatinator
Commander

Re: The Single Worst Line of Dialogue in the entire Star Trek Franchis

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Mario de Monti wrote: View Post
I think by far the worst line is Spock in Patterns of Force, saying to Kirk as he puts on a Nazi uniform (an SS uniform, no less):

"You should make a very convincing Nazi"

Attesting his own Captain, that heŽd be convincing as a Nazi is beyond comprehension to me. Next to that, all the silly jokes or badly written bits and pieces pale by comparison, IMHO.
I concur. He didn't say "that [uniform] should make a very convincing Nazi".
What he actually did was insult his captain who had never revealed any kind of behaviour that could remotely qualify such a tasteless remark.

Unfortunately, I think Mr. Spock is also the offender here delivering other "worst lines" of dialogue. All that illogical "time travel" mumbojumbo gets me every time - from the first season of TOS to the fourth movie.

Especially considering how great "The Twilight Zone" dealt with the "time travel" scene in a logical and philosophical manner.

Bob
Wow, that is surprising so by what you detail above, EVERYTHING dealing with our beloved Mister Spock and the curious phenomenon of time travel you have hated from 1966 - 1986.

Guess you loved him in his return visit; "Red Matter" Greatest Hits Tour of 2009!!