View Single Post
Old July 18 2013, 11:27 AM   #15
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: The Single Worst Line of Dialogue in the entire Star Trek Franchis

Mario de Monti wrote: View Post
Josan wrote: View Post
Mario de Monti wrote: View Post
For me it is difficult to choose one "worst line", since there are so many silly, stupid and redundant lines being said over the decades. From the TNG movies alone there could be several examples. But for the sheer implications, I think by far the worst line is Spock in Patterns of Force, saying to Kirk as he puts on a Nazi uniform (an SS uniform, no less):

"You should make a very convincing Nazi"

Attesting his own Captain, that heŽd be convincing as a Nazi is beyond comprehension to me. Next to that, all the silly jokes or badly written bits and pieces pale by comparison, IMHO.

Mario
That line, delivered from one Jew to another, is hilarious. It's a joke as is clearly obvious from Shatner's/Kirk's facial expression.
I find it hard to believe that was intended to be a joke, since it only works as a joke when you know both actors are jews! Even then, I doubt many people actually find it funny. And for anyone who doesnŽt know that, it remains a very questionable line, both production-wise and in-universe, IMO.

Mario
I assumed Spock was making a dry jest about the slashy role play they were engaging in during this episode.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote