View Single Post
Old July 18 2013, 11:02 AM   #88
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Endgame was awesome!

Vulcan Logician wrote: View Post
Okay, I reiterate the thesis I made in the OP. I'm fresh off watching Endgame and it is even more awesome to me now.

Let's look at some of the arguments against it.

"detractor": The Borg were feeble and their vessels were able to be destroyed with a single torpedo.

me: Yes, but these were "futuristic" torpedoes developed by the Federation specifically to thwart the Borg. It makes sense that if they were taken back in time they would handily destroy Borg cubes. Even such, Old Janeway fears that the Borg could easily adapt if they didn't finish the mission soon.
And if the plan failed the Borg would have knowledge of advanced future weapons which could make it wasier to conquer the UFP.

"detractor": Old Janeway destroyed the timeline and altered the course of history. An action she condemns in earlier episodes.

me: I concede this point to a certain degree, but your voice is still "whiny". Deviation from predictability makes for awesome episodes and Endgame is no exception. Would you rather have Janeway behaving in a completely predictable way for VOY's final episode? No. If that were the case, you would be complaining about THAT.
In other words her principals mean nothing. The point about principals is sometimes to truely believe in them it means sometimes you make your life harder.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote