View Single Post
Old July 18 2013, 03:39 AM   #4
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral
View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: IDW Publishing's License Concludes

StCoop wrote: View Post
I wonder if this ties in with the rumours that Panini are losing the DWM licence and we'll end up seeing both the magazine and comics coming out from Titan?
A coworker and I discussed the DWM rumors (though I've heard the publisher of SFX is in the mix there) and now this (which IDW buried in the press release, and the comics press isn't picking up on it).

Titan is the likely bet. They have a pre-established relationship with the BBC (Torchwood magazine and bunches of other licensed Who products).

Dark Horse would be a good fit. (If they could do a Doctor Who/Hellboy crossover, I'd love them forever.)

I can see Dynamite making a bid on the license, but the thought of J. Scott Campbell and Alex Ross doing covers, tons of variants, and substandard artwork make me retch.

BOOM! would be another good fit, but I don't see them as a likely possibility since they're moving into developing their own properties now.
"When David Marcus cited the great thinkers of history -- "Newton, Einstein, Surak" -- Newt Gingrich did not make his list." -- 24 January 2012
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote