View Single Post
Old July 16 2013, 05:07 PM   #142
Desert Kris
Lieutenant

Re: Latest acquisition!

Christopher wrote: View Post
Uhura's Song is one of my all-time favorites. It's a great exploration/first contact story, a rousing adventure, and a treat for any cat-lover.
So, this book really is the cat's meow...? Sorry for the bad humor, I couldn't resist. Many reviews I have seen have made a point of saying it's great for cat people...I mean people who love cats. That works for me, I love them.

As I recall, its strongest tie to the rest of the '80s continuity is that it brings back a supporting character introduced in The Entropy Effect, a felinoid security officer nicknamed Snarl.
I vaguely recalled the connection being small, but it was a small factor alongside the high ratings that helped me talk myself into it...cats helped, too.

zarkon wrote: View Post
Nice, those are all good books (though I don't think the author of Shadow Lord had read much - if any - 'Trek). Final Reflection & Federation are the best trek books ever for me.
I read Judith and Garfield Reeve-Steven's Prime Directive, and the first book of a series called The Chronicles of Galen Sword, both were very enjoyable (particularly Prime Directive) and their prose is very agreeable and goes down well for my brain.
Desert Kris is offline   Reply With Quote