View Single Post
Old July 16 2013, 03:09 PM   #55
Rear Admiral
Re: I'd Pay to See Kathryn Bigelow Direct Wonder Woman - Would You?

That Katniss isn't a superhero is not the point. She is the star of a genre action movie that made a tidy - and enviable - bit of money. She shows there's an audience that will accept movies about women kicking ass and taking names in a SF&F setting, an audience that probably overlaps with superhero films anyway and, if it doesn't, it'd be smart to entice over.

You know, four quadrants and all that.

Gaith wrote: View Post
You've got my sympathies on having sat through MOS and TDKR, but, given that you've skipped seeing four of the best superhero movies of recent years in theaters, I've kinda gotta call into question your superhero love.
Kind of silly surely. I imagine most people who consider themselves superhero fans read superhero comics and perhaps do not need to 'prove' themselves by spending money to see what Joss Whedon or Zack Snyder or whomever has done to these titles.

There is something to be said for unexpected directors in this genre. The reason I even bothered to see Hulk or the first Hellboy movie was due to Ang Lee and Guillermo del Toro, respectively, and while the first one wasn't great, del Toro clearly was having a fair bit of fantastic fun with both Hellboy features.
'Spock is always right, even when he's wrong. It's the tone of voice, the supernatural reasonability; this is not a man like us; this is a god.'
- Philip K. Dick
Kegg is offline   Reply With Quote