View Single Post
Old July 15 2013, 11:41 PM   #19
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Comparing actors' portrayals of the same role (possible spoilers)

sonak wrote: View Post
Maybe there was already a thread on this, but I didn't see it. I think this is going to be like the "Jack Nicholson's Joker vs. Heath Ledger's Joker" for Star Trek. I think the way the played the character was very different, Montalban's Khan was fiery and passionate, whereas Cumberbatch's was cooler and flatter. Also in STXI they actually gave flashes of Khan's intellect, whereas in TWOK we just get told about it over and over again, but Khan doesn't really demonstrate it. Cumberbatch's is more devious, Montalban's is more direct.

So- overall, who was the better Khan?
in TWOK Khan had wanted revenge against the man he thought had wrong him James T. Kirk. That desire had been festering years, compare that to when he appeared in "Space Seed".

I prefer Montalban's Khan but that might be down to that's the one I grew up with.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote