View Single Post
Old July 15 2013, 09:07 PM   #72
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: 2013 NBA Offseason Thread...

Rumor is that the Clippers and Knicks have interest in Metta World Peace. Both teams could use him even at his current age. Before Met joined the Lakers I dismissed him as a talented but mentallly ill hooligan. After 4 years, I can say, he definitely is talented.

But seriously, even though he can sometimes be a wildman, MWP is of the warrior class -- the kind of player every team needs in order to win a ring. He instantly provided the Lakers with that, "look out MF's, anything might happen now", aura. I'll never forget him getting into a tussling match with Paul Pierce during the tip off in game 1 of the Finals in 2010. Pierce then played the rest ot the series like he was afraid of Met.

I considered him one of our clutch guys right after Kobe and Fish. The dude is a total team guy who goes hard EVERY game. Great teammate who does whatever is asked of him night in, night out. If the Lakers ever create a "ring of honor" or something, for great Lakers who will never make the HOF, guys like Met, Mike Cooper, A.C. Green, Fish, Horry, etc, should all belong.

I'll be rooting for him with whomever he plays for (except against the Lakes). Hope it's the Knicks so we won't have to see him 4 times.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote