View Single Post
Old July 15 2013, 08:04 PM   #2868
serenitytrek1
Commander

Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

Franklin wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Franklin wrote: View Post
Shooting sometime in 2014 but still going for a summer 2016 release may make sense.
From a financial aspect it wouldn't. That's money that will be tied up for 18-24 months not doing anything other than racking up interest the studio will have to pay back.
Yeah, from the financial aspect, that makes sense. Could be Quinto is just wrong about ST3, especially if Abrams will direct it. I've read SW is to start shooting in 2014. If he's to direct ST3, as the Quinto article insinuates, Abrams can't be in two places at once.

My point was if they indeed shoot it in 2014 for whatever reason, a 2015 release would throw the movie out there into some extremely harsh competition. The SW publicity alone would overwhelm it. Better to wait to 2016 based on that, at least.

I'd discount what Quinto said about shooting in 2014, though what he says about moving forward on a faster track makes sense in the context of the four year gap between ST09 and STID. We don't need ST3 in 2017, that's for sure.
I believe Quinto is just bluffing. There is no way Trek 3 is shooting in 2014 with JJ as the director.

no way.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote