View Single Post
Old July 14 2013, 10:05 PM   #2414
BritishSeaPower
Captain

View BritishSeaPower's Twitter Profile
Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
I believe the only details released so far about that trilogy are that it will focus on Jaina and Jagged Fel, while also featuring Ben Skywalker, Allana Solo, and Tahiri Veila. All of that makes me interested in it... but unfortunately Golden's involvement kills almost all of that interest.

For the EU in general, I'm not that far off from your perspective at the moment. There were aspects of both Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi that I enjoyed, but overall both series were disappointing, to say the least. I really wasn't a fan of the ancient Abeloth angle in the latter series, although the apparent ties to Mortis from The Clone Wars is something I'm curious to see explored in Crucible.

That said, I did think Millennium Falcon was a fun read and I'm happy that the X-Wing series returned with Mercy Kill, though I haven't had time to read it yet.
I've really tapered off the EU in the past few years, I read all of the NJO in one summer and rather enjoyed the experience. That said, I couldn't click with the Dark Nest stuff or the more recent books. I'm hoping to eventually revisit the SWEU once I finish out the 24th Century TrekLit stuff.

However, I have to say a Jaina/Jagged Fel series really interests me. Golden, however, is not a name that will get me to pick up the books.