View Single Post
Old July 14 2013, 07:52 AM   #259
Lynx
Rear Admiral

Re: Better if they had allowed main cast to die?

Anwar wrote: View Post
teya wrote: View Post
Anwar wrote: View Post

But that's not how it is with VOY. When anyone "criticizes" it all they do is point out the bad and never mention the good. That's not critique, it's just trashing something.

And no, "It should've been serialized" or "These characters should've been more!" are not critiques, they're just more mudslinging.
Well, you can point a finger at me for saying Chakotay could've and should've been a hell of a lot more than Janeway's lapdog. And akoochimoya, my indigenous ass, and all that.

Doesn't mean I don't see Voyager's good points.

All it means is that I really loathe what they did to one character.
That was partially because Beltran was a b*tch on set and squandered any chances he was given to do anything so they stopped caring.

Also, it was because they didn't do a good enough job making him that dissimilar from Janeway in the first place and were afraid of the underlying sexism of the premise (A weak woman captain who has to compromise with terrorists).
I think that it was the other way around. Beltran maybe did become "a b*tch on set" in the last 2-3 seasons because they didn't care about the character, shoving Chakotay more and more in the background. I can understand that he was upset about that.

As for "compromising with terrorists", well, I don't see the Maquis as "terrorists". They remind me more about the Polish "Armia Krajowa" in WWII than Al Quaeda. Besides that, the compromise with the Maquis was logic. They just had to cooperate to get home.

I agree with Teya about Chakotay's heritage. That could have been handled much better.

And I actually loathe what they did to another character as well.

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote