View Single Post
Old July 14 2013, 12:02 AM   #58
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

Re: Virtual Tour : USS Enterprise (1701-D) Deck 1-4 (WIP)

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong but the actual studio sets of the Conference Lounge and the Bridge were not physically connected (but which is something you are doing now).
Yes, the sets weren't connected and I will connect them.

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
It appears that at the angle the shot was taken the height difference between the Conference Lounge and the Bridge is visible. Is it really that much or am I missing something?
It's not easy to see.
Look at the metal of the outer hull under ther lowest line of the conference lounges' windows in your exterior screenshot. This is my lead for where the windows have to be respective to the outer hull.
The lowest line of those windows, then again, give me the lead for the placement of the Conference Longe floor!

And this leads to the Conference Lounges' floor being way lower than the floor of the bridge.

I didn't see it, either. I had to place these things, set up my markers and measurements. I put figures next to it, that indicated the size of a crewmans, to see how difficult it would be to use this space. It's not much space. And the gap between the bridge floor and the CL floor is everything else then small. And the distance between the bridge door and the CL door isn't great, either. That prohibits a ramp.
There are other things that make the matter more complicated. Like the wall, that leads away from the Conference Loung on starboard and the wall I saw in one screenshot, that leads away from the bridge to the CL. You can see one of the walls in TNG: The Chase (6x20) right in the beginning. I don't have a lot of pictures, that depict that areas and it's not shown frequently... But it sort of defines that the stairs have to begin even further away from the bridge door leaving even less space for the stairs, but definitively not enough space for a ramp.

P.S.
I just learned that it's indeed more correct to call it Conferende Lounge.

Last edited by Lee Enfield; July 14 2013 at 01:16 AM.
Lee Enfield is offline   Reply With Quote