View Single Post
Old July 13 2013, 10:06 PM   #2805
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post

Except that hasn't happened. All I've seen is people posting facts.

I think you have more people on this thread that seem to have a problem with the numbers not supporting "best movie evah!!1!" That's okay though. I think the last comment I read was about how someone doesn't think the $190 million budget was actually really spent on making the film, lol.
Unless you work for or know someone at one of the studios, how do you know what numbers are correct?
Didn't say I did. However, even Paramount has said that the budget for the film was $190 million. But of course they spent the money on themselves.

Honestly, the argument is not necessary. You'll get another film out of this, and like someone else said, that's all that should matter to you.
Its not like they spent it on hookers, blow and cars. They spent it on studio space, equipment and personnel. Yeah the studios and equipment was theirs and the personnel were employees, but that's Hollywood.

Now its not necessary? There's a late on arrival statement, if there was one.

^Just like no one said the movie was completely "unsuccessful," just disappointing. Now anyone posting what you might not agree with is a "naysayer," okay.
Look up naysayer in the dictionary. yes saying it was disappointing or unsuccessful is nay saying or trying to put a negative spin on the film. If you're making negative comments, you're a naysayer. You don't even have to be wrong to be one. It has nothing to do agreeing with my opinion of the film or yours. Yea= Nay= Simple.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote