View Single Post
Old July 13 2013, 10:04 PM   #55
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

Re: Virtual Tour : USS Enterprise (1701-D) Deck 1-4 (WIP)

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
The Librarian wrote: View Post
To my eye, it seems like there are too many steps for that difference in height.
Considering that the Bridge features a ramp I can't help but wonder if there actually have to be steps in the unseen areas (instead of ramps). Is the level difference that dramatic to justify steps?

Bob
Though the steps you see here are still wrong in its configuration, it's a necessarity. I tried it out with ramps. It doesn't work. The problem basically is the steepness of the ramp and the architectural necessarity of a plain in front of the Observation Lounge!
Perhaps you guys need some time to accept the stairs. But I thought about this for weeks and I'm already further in the process, when it comes to the stairs and that area.
Like Talos said: the steepness of the ramp would mean it is unplausible difficult to climb the ramp. I found that this is not just the case with the port side, but with the starboard too. There will be a ramp down to lower deck 1 on starboard. But stairs lead from the bridge to the Observation Lounge ( in those pictures it's actually half ramp/half stairs).

If this would be a real build, you'd kill me, if I'd place a ramp there.

Last edited by Lee Enfield; July 14 2013 at 12:55 AM.
Lee Enfield is offline   Reply With Quote