Re: Spocks Brain..... Is It That Bad ????
I hate "The Alternative Factor." "Plato's Stepchildren" is embarrassing. "Spock's Brain" is painful. "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" is tedious. There's a difference. Defending episodes like these is why the producers believe (rightly) that they can shovel any crap they want at us -- and we'll eat it up -- so long it has STAR TREK stamped on it.
What's wrong with you? I love most of these episodes because each of these gave us something unique:
- "The Alternative Factor" - dilithium crystal regeneration room (never seen again, thanks for this episode)
- "I, Mudd" - port side wall of the Auxiliary Control Room
- "Spock's Brain" - interesting wall console "starship style" in the "brain room"
- "And the Children Shall Lead" - great tour of the "Solarium" aka Rec Room Season Three
- "Let That Be..." - different access to hangar deck, bulkhead doors in corridors etc.
Hmm...if these episodes are crap they definitely knew how to sugarcoat these for me.
"The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth" Jean-Luc Picard
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein