View Single Post
Old July 13 2013, 05:33 AM   #70
JWD75
Commander

Re: Where are the toys?

I haven't been able find any tie-in toys in my area either. Finally went ahead and ordered the Hotwheels Excelsior online - which is really the only toy that has been released lately that I'm interested in buying. It's unfortunate, but not surprising, that the 09 toys sold as poorly as they did. At the time they were released I had been prepared to buy at least one of everything that I could get my hands on. But when I saw the Playmates toys sitting on the shelves, they were so terrible that I decided to pass on them instead. I had no interest in buying their crappy looking action figures in even one size, let alone two or three. I would have passed on the phaser and communicator even if they had been quality replicas because the movie props themselves were poorly designed, uninteresting, and totally lacked the aesthetic appeal of the TOS originals. The only toy that I did pick up from the 09 line was the Playmates Enterprise, which was actually quite nice. The rest of the 09 toy line, however, should have been sold in a dollar store.
JWD75 is offline   Reply With Quote