View Single Post
Old July 12 2013, 10:44 PM   #30
Relayer1
Commodore

Re: Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes confirmed for Bond 24

tighr wrote: View Post
The Realist wrote: View Post
As a lifelong Bond fan, I wish I could be excited by this, but after Skyfall I've been forced to admit that Daniel Craig is never going to be my James Bond. Why the ultimate male wish-fulfillment character has been turned into this sullen, joyless, eternally-burdened fellow, who seems always to be having a miserable time of it, is a mystery to me. Even the sex scenes have become grudging and perfunctory, as if showing Bond taking any pleasure in life at all is now verboten.
This is actually a perfect example of how Craig's Bond resembles the Bond of the books.
You are a fan of the films rather than the books - first and foremost I love the original Fleming creation and try to forget the tongue in cheek git from the middle era movies. That's nothing like Bond.

Craig and the current team have got it more 'right' than most. The resurrection of a failing franchise shows that audiences agree.

He's a killer, a cad and a connoisseur. He's NOT a load of laughs.