View Single Post
Old July 12 2013, 08:07 PM   #2771
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

Neumann wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post

The China numbers are about $57 million. If you take that away from the $221 mil that the movie has made overseas and then compare that to the adjusted domestic number for ST09, you get this:

ST09: ~139 mil
STID: ~164 mil

It's an improvement, but without China (and I think there's still Japan and maybe one other country to go for STID, so that number will increase), it's only about $25 mil over the ST09 movie if we're trying to be as fair as possible in the comparisons we can make.
Ok.

What kind of half baked analysis is this one?

Why do you only take China out?
Ah, because, if you paid attention to my first sentence, that pretty much explains why:

"The other thing that I find interesting is the way it looks when you take China out of the equation."

So no, it's not a "half baked" analysis just because I find it interesting to look at the numbers without China, a country ST09 did not play in, while we are all looking at the international numbers.
You're not saying much of anything that I haven't already pointed to in previous posts, which is that the international numbers are, for the most part, better and that the gross number will increase. I think that's all pretty much even in the post you quoted, lol.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote