Old July 12 2013, 05:20 PM   #21
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: POLL: Babylon 5 or Stargate SG-1?

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Really? Noted.
So that's a prequel film made during, after the B5 series concluded I take it?
Nah, The Gathering is the actual Pilot, and was aired a full year before Season 1.

There is an awesome Prequel, called In The Beginning. It was aired around the end of S4. I personally wouldn't advise viewing it prior to the end of S4, on your first run through the Series (Spoilers and exposes you to some of the most awesome the show becomes, too early, IMHO), but, on a second run through, it is great to watch it first, then The Pilot, Then S1-S5. Many think it's fine to watch it first, and even JMS says it's fine to view first, but, I advise against it.

B5 is my all time favorite show, but, I like SG-1 quite a bit too.
So The Gathering is hopefully included on the S1 set. I'll have to check, if not I'll have to locate a copy when the time comes.
Probably not included with the S1 Box Set (Mine isn't). It was available as a single Disk or as part of the Movies Collection (Movie Collection includes: The Gathering Pilot; In The Beginning Prequel shown after S4, Third Space (Side Story during S4, but, not tightly connected, so can be viewed any time after S4), River of Souls (Side Story in S5, but, not tightly connected so can be viewed any time after S5), A Call To Arms (Should be watched after S5, is a lead in to the Spinoff Crusade), Legend of The Rangers (A Pilot for a new Series which didn't make it to Series). Set generally runs $25-$30. The Gathering by itself, or the flipdisk with In The Beginning used to be quite cheap, but, I see it runs almost $30 on Amazon now too, though you can stream it for $1.99 on Amazon, if you don't have another way or don't get the Movie box Set.

Additionally, there is the 13 episode Spinoff Crusade, which was just getting really good when it was cancelled (The Unproduced Scripts are awesome). Though TNT really screwed the Pooch with this one, they sabotaged it, because they decided they didn't want it afterall, gave JMS horrible "Notes" and messing up the airing order and no matter what order you watch it in, it never flows quite right, though some orders get it almost in order

Also, there was a very low budget Disc Babylon 5: Ther Lost Tales

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote