Thread: The Ashes 2013
View Single Post
Old July 12 2013, 01:18 PM   #17
Botany Bay
Commodore

View Botany Bay's Twitter Profile
Re: The Ashes 2013

Captain Cook and arrogand dickhead both despatched, so Session 1, Day 3 goes to the tourists. England are 4/157, leading by 92, with a very frustrated Bell and Bairstow seeing off a reverse swing barrage from Pattinson just before lunch.

Very pleasing to see Agar get his first test wicket, finding the edge of Cook to give Clarke a very sharp slips catch. This is a bit of a worry as well, as Swann will be using the same patch to turn it away from our lefties. Anyway, Agar looks like he will cause a lot of trouble with his height. I must say the spinners I always hated were the tall ones who could get bounce, and Ashton, in the right conditions will be a handful.

Adding to the difficulty of the emerging rough patches, the wicket looks to be completely dead already. I would want to see Bell and Prior go before tea. I think anything over 150 would be very tough for us to chase.

A big test of patience for Bell and Bairstow coming up.

One major negative for us though - Clarke and Haddin have wasted both of our referrals with utterly pointless reviews. I wish he would just stick to reviewing the howlers. The way the umpiring has been in this game you just know there is going to be a vital plumb LBW after lunch that is given not out, and we will be powerless to do a thing about it.
"Sometimes I get the feeling the only way we could achieve a STAR TREK segment on budget would be to have 60 minutes of Mr. Spock playing kazoo solo as Captain Kirk holds him in his arms while standing in a telephone booth."
Bob Justman, 1967.
Botany Bay is offline   Reply With Quote