View Single Post
Old July 12 2013, 03:42 AM   #1170
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: MAN OF STEEL - Grading & Discussion

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
The Lensman wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
The X-Men didn't catch on until they were revived in the eighties with Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, etc.
The All New, All Different X-Men premiered in the 70's, not the 80's.

Just sayin...
You know, I knew I should have looked that up . . .

And speaking of "Singer can't do teams," one of things I really admire about X2 is the way the film manages to handle multiple characters and subplots. A lot of superhero movies fall apart the minute they tackle more than one villain, but X2 does a nice job of weaving a whole mob of mutants into the story in an efficient and coherent manner. Heck,even Pyro gets a story arc. And most of the characters get a nice little moment or grace note of their own.

Sure, inevitably, some characters get slighted (sorry, Cyke), and, of course, Wolverine is going to get more screen time than Iceman or whomever, but overall it's an impressive job of traffic directing!
Greg is still right though. The X-men didn't really "catch on" till after the Claremont-Byrne era.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote