View Single Post
Old July 12 2013, 02:09 AM   #71
Shatna
Grand Lord Admiral

Re: Federation vs The Dominiom: The Rematch.

Well, hey there, kids. Looks like this is a good time to formally introduce myself.

I'm an old TrekBBS regular, having signed up 10 years ago last month. If my username isn't familiar it's because I have only just returned after a long absence, but back in the day this board was my regular internet home, and I am rather fond of this old place. Which means I am very interested in helping to keep it in good working order, which means fostering an environment where good discussion and healthy debate are encouraged. I am not interested in handing out warnings, or threatening bans, or scolding or chiding or lecturing or just plain yellin'. Mind you, that doesn't mean I won't do any of those things; I will in fact do them with great glee and even gusto if the situation calls for it. I'd much rather concentrate on keeping this a place of civility and good humor and an exchange of ideas. Not to mention silly fun. I am always up for silly fun.

So now that we all know where the new sheriff stands, the new sheriff would like to say, in a tone both kind and firm: lower the shrill tone of this discussion, please. I'm seeing terms like "idiotic" and "superiority complex" start to pop up and I know from ancient, weary and firsthand experience that this will serve only to heat things up. So let's knock it off. Sran and Edit_XYZ, I'm lookin' at you.

Last edited by Shatna; July 12 2013 at 12:49 PM.
Shatna is offline   Reply With Quote