View Single Post
Old July 11 2013, 10:35 PM   #18
iguana_tonante
Admiral

Re: Multiple Choice Vote for your favorite Batman and Bruce Wayne

Nagisa Furukawa wrote: View Post
For sure. Given that the thread doesn't specify live action, I was disappointed Kevin Conroy wasn't on this list. His Batman is just absolutely iconic. Out of the choices here, I vote Keaton for both (and would vote Keaton for Bruce Wayne even if Conroy was there for Batman).
Personally, I will go further and say I would vote for Conroy as Batman, Clooney for the vapid Bruce Wayne playboy persona, and Keaton for the "real" Bruce Wayne.

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Burton's Gotham is certainly the more comic-like one. Not necessarily like the comic Gotham itself, though they later retconned it to look like Anton Furst's Gotham, but it looked like something that belonged purely in a comic book world rather than something that could possibly exist in the real world like Nolan's Gotham did. It was definitely the more whimsical (while dark) and creative production design. I appreciate both styles for what they are, but I think the Nolan films are better movies overall.
I loved the realism of Nolan. I went out from Begins thinking "Wow, this guy really made me believe that dressing up like a bat could really be a good idea to fight crime". I mean, that's something, right?