View Single Post
Old July 11 2013, 04:12 PM   #36
Cap'n Crunch
Captain

Re: Your favorite TITAN novel....

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
Elias Vaughn wrote: View Post
Mage wrote: View Post
I actually re-read Over A Torrent Sea last week, and although I like it, the science was getting in the way for me in that one. Usually, I love how Christopher is able to blend science and fiction so well together, but in this one, it really was a bit to much for me.
That's actually why I loved it, I think.

What I wouldn't give for a Trek book that's entirely sciencey, with little drama or conflict to get in the way of it. It'd never happen, and I wouldn't want EVERY Trek book to be like that, but one or two? Heck yeah.
+1

You know those novels that start with 'Captains Log - we have spent the last two weeks studying the Parmesan Nebula...' when something more chasey and shooty happens ?

Let's not have the chasing and shooting. As long as theres plenty of character stuff and interesting science going on, let's have two weeks studying the Parmesan Nebula !

And yes, I did vote for 'Over A Torrent Sea' - not a coincidence...
I totally agree, I would love to read something like that.
Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair. You know that. - John Marston, Red Dead Redemption
Cap'n Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote