View Single Post
Old July 11 2013, 03:57 PM   #14
Botany Bay
Commodore

View Botany Bay's Twitter Profile
Re: The Ashes 2013

Tea, Day 2 : ENG 2/11, trailing by 54.

Yes, that's TEA on DAY TWO.

Well I need a deep breath, how good has this match been?

Agar (98) didn't quite get there, but you feel the 163 he put on with Hughes (can't forget his efforts surviving the onslaught last night and making 81*) will be remembered as one of the great sessions of Ashes cricket, particularly if we win this, which is now a distinct possibility.

Pattinson and Starc were really on the money before tea, and Root didn't look like he was going to last long, even if his leg side feather through to Haddin off Starc was a little unlucky.

Then, next ball - one of the biggest moments of the test : Starc traps Trott plumb LBW first ball and is unbelievably given not out. Clarke, never one to die wondering, reviewed it, and England's biggest danger (in my opinion) was on his bike, although he did not look happy about it.

Starc is on a hattrick, Australia have all the momentum, and I am just gobsmacked at how good this game has been. One of the great Ashes matches no matter what happens from here.
"Sometimes I get the feeling the only way we could achieve a STAR TREK segment on budget would be to have 60 minutes of Mr. Spock playing kazoo solo as Captain Kirk holds him in his arms while standing in a telephone booth."
Bob Justman, 1967.
Botany Bay is offline   Reply With Quote