View Single Post
Old July 11 2013, 02:28 PM   #49
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: Federation vs The Dominiom: The Rematch.

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
I didn't say the Dominion won the war.
Yes, I know that. That doesn't change the fact that you're making a ridiculous argument.

AllStarEntprise wrote:
I said they had no trouble kicking the Federation/Klingon/Romulans teeth in. You can be on the losing side of a fight and or war and still manage to pull out a victory.
Wrong. I'll grant that the Dominion tested the Federation as never before, but that's as far as it goes. The Dominion lost the war. As a result, they were asked to give up any territory taken during the conflict with the Federation. That's not a victory in any way, shape, or form. The combatants of a war don't receive ribbons at its conclusion merely because they participated in it.

AllStarEntprise wrote:
Everyone knows the Dominion was on the winning side for much of the war. Statistical Probabilities even pointed to an eventual Dominion victory.
Which means nothing. Statistics don't actually fight wars. That the Dominion's victory was a theoretical possibility didn't matter where actual military engagements were concerned. Recall that Sisko angrily rejected Bashir's proposal of surrender precisely because he didn't believe it was appropriate to place one's faith in numbers.

AllStarEntprise wrote:
Also the Federation did have the Prophets intervene on the behalf of Captain Sisko. Preventing the Dominion fleet of 2,800 ships from entering the Alpha Quadrant, and preventing any other Dominion ships from traveling through the wormhole.
Wrong again. Sisko requested the Prophets' help as the Emissary, not as a Starfleet officer. The Federation had nothing to do with what happened in the Celestial Temple.

AllStarEntprise wrote:
Bring in the full force of the Dominion from the Gamma Quad and take away the Prophets of Bajor regulating the wormhole, and may you have a different outcome of the conflict.
And what makes you think the Prophets will sit back and do nothing as this is happening?

--Sran