View Single Post
Old July 11 2013, 07:39 AM   #437
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Re: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Ithekro wrote: View Post
Most companies today release subtitled anime or subtitled anime with their dubbed track. Aside from older anime, ever since DVDs came about I've seen English dubde anime that still retains a subtitled track in Japanese. At that was from the 1990s. Well and I suppose heavily altered anime from an old property (Transformers).

Maybe something changed in the market, but I've not bought a American DVD released anime for five or six years (Galaxy Railways and Full Metal Panic were the last new anime I purchased locally).
It depends.

For example, Persona 4: The Animation was dub only because of reverse-import fears. The DVD had dual audio because we are in a different DVD region than Japan, but since we share regions in BD, they have to worry about that.

Of course, you have the Aniplex stuff where Rightstuf will only ship to certain countries (ie, anywhere that isn't Japan), but who knows.

My dream release would be unrealistic, but would satisfy everyone. Dual audio + subtitled commentary tracks from the JP releases.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote