View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 10:20 PM   #430
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: TOS Enterprise Interiors -- Unreal 3 Engine

Donny wrote: View Post
According to this article at Memory Alpha, Admiral Fitzpatrick's rank insignia was, in fact, visible. Although I couldn't find evidence of this in "The Trouble With Tribbles", there is the "You're in Good Hand with Tribbles" outtake which shows Fitzpatrick has the same rank stripes as a Commodore. For my purposes, I'll leave that middle stripe on the Admiral to differentiate between the two.
Memory Alpha is correct. The blooper reel video you linked shows a severe degradation of the original film as I and many others had seen it. The quality has degraded to a point where you can no longer see the extra rank stripe above and below the Commodore stripe. Talk about "erasing" history, here you have a perfect example.

I have therefore immediately scanned my photo print from the original (Enterprise viewscreen uncropped) footage which reveals in HD the table, its push buttons and - of course - the correct Admiral rank stripes of Fitzpatrick (you'll find it in your subspace log of transmissions ).

Please consider it accordingly or I will be compelled to call you henceforth "Franz"...and I really don't want to do that.

Bob

@ Redfern

"What do you mean CBS rejected the show? They owned it"

Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote