View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 09:31 PM   #160
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Orson Scott Card "Please don't boycott my film!"

Card's being an idiot, but kinda always been that way, not a shocker. I'm just more of the type that doesn't give a shit what movie/rock stars, athletes, or I suppose authors think about politics or religion. Able to enjoy their work for what it is, and shut off their personal opinions just like every other retard on facebook, twitter, instagram, whatever. Pretty obvious fail on his argument, though, and one that several of the shoddy posters HERE use all the time. "You're not tolerant of my intolerance, so you're just as bad as me (or no fair!)" Yeah, ok...

Loved the book as a kid, plan to see the movie. Likely will be disappointed based on enjoying the book for the past 20-25 years, but hey, that's what happens usually when favorite books become movies. Whether he hates gays or takes it in the ass 5x a day (or in the case of many politicians and public figures, BOTH), won't really have any bearing on the movie for me...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote