View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 09:21 PM   #93
Opus
Commodore

Re: Conversation(s) Heard After the Movie [spoilers, maybe]

MrJ wrote: View Post
When I got out of the theatre and when I was almost to the parking lot was the only time I heard anyone say anything about the movie. It was a group of teenagers smoking weed, and one of the girls said "So they can cure death now, with magic blood?" One of the guys then added "And they can beam anywhere in the galaxy." At which point I had walked past them but I heard a girl ask someone "Could they do that in the show?" To which some guy said something like "No... but then again the show was good and had good writers." There was laughter followed by someone saying "Well, the special effects were good..." Then I was out of earshot and nearly at my car.

That was all I had heard anyone say about STD the night I saw it.
Interesting, because I had a similar experience:

Caught a few swell eggs hangin' around an old jalopy of theirs swiggin' some hooch they scammed off a local Gin Mill. So as I strolls by, I hears one of 'em sayin', "Ya' know, that Kirk's quite a fly boy, and is quite the big cheese with the dames." They all nodded, and one of said, "And did you catch the gams on that Carol Marcus? Boy, what I wouldn't give to steal a cash or two from her in my rumble seat I tell ya'." "Yeah, but what's with the giggle wiggle all over the galaxy now? The whole space-time continuum thing ain't copasetic if ya' ask me." "Ahhh, says you. Don't be such a wet blanket. Ya' don't know from nothin'..."

Yep. Honest to g-d. Happened just like that...
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote