View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 08:04 PM   #363
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

Re: Why are Creationists so afraid of Evolution?

Davros wrote: View Post
RyanKCR wrote: View Post
Davros wrote: View Post
3 quotes saying not to judge vs one possible in favor of judging. Add to those the "offer no resistance to the wicked" line and my argument looks stronger and stronger.
"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."
That's one of the quotes I was using if you were not paying attention. It only further supports my argument about you needing to deal with your own sins before you call out the sins of others.

Right judgement being that of a person who has already dealt with their own issues.

“If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.”
Fine if you have already dealt with your own failings. So until you are perfect, don't worry about other people's burden of sin. You have your own to carry.

RyanKCR wrote: View Post
I still don't understand how you feel you can judge what or who a Christian is if you don't believe in it,
One does not have to believe in a system to understand how it works. Understanding can often lead to disbelief.
You neither of you get the idea that a parable is intended to be interpreted, do you? What I mean is every reader is supposed to make their own interpretation. There are no absolutes in the bible which is why modern insistence that it is fact rather than dictum is so wrong.