View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 08:00 PM   #45
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Re: Why The Hate For Superman Returns?

Donald Draper wrote: View Post
I loved it too. I agree though that Kate Bosworth was very miscast. They should have used someone similar to Margot Kidder. I recently read the suggestion that that Zooey Deschanel would have been better suited.
I believe I was the first one that suggested this, but I may be wrong. I don't remember anyone suggesting it prior to me.

Anyway, I thought Zooey Deschanel would have been excellent casting for SR, since they were looking to recreate the style of the Donner movies. They got a guy who looks like Chris Reeves, then they should have got a girl that looks like Margot Kidder.

As a bonus, Zooey looks similar, but hotter.

Anyway, coulda, shoulda, woulda. My main gripes with SR were:

1. Wayyyyyyy too much pining over Lois. I felt like I spend 2hr+ watching Superman pout that he doesn't have Lois Lane anymore.

2. He gets brutally beaten by a bunch of low pay thugs, and there is no payback. What little "payback" there is, is completely unsatisfying.

3. He lifts a rock the size of a continent out of earth's atmosphere all by himself, *with* chunks of Kryptonite all around it. What were the writers thinking?

4. Super weezy whiny runt.