View Single Post
Old July 10 2013, 07:41 PM   #73
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor
Re: The Official Speculation Thread about John Hurt's "Secret" Doctor.

Tom wrote: View Post
Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Tom wrote: View Post
I really don't think Hurt's doctor's crime is ending the time war...
Snipping the rest of this, as it's not relevant to what I'm about to say.

What's to say that the Hurt Doctor's "crime" has anything at all to do with the Time War?

Here's what we know. Hurt is the Doctor between McGann and Eccleston. When we last saw McGann as the Doctor the Time War hadn't happened. When we first saw Eccleston as the Doctor the Time War was over. That's all we know definitively at this point in time.

Many are assuming that because Hurt comes between McGann and Eccleston and the Time War also happened between McGann's last appearance and Eccleston's first that it means that Hurt and the Time War are connected. But that assumption assumes facts not in evidence.

For all we know, the Hurt Doctor's "crime" is that he retired and opened up a wand shop in Diagon Alley instead of fighting evil.

The Time War could be a convenient hook for the anniversary story. Or the anniversary story could use an entirely different hook. We simply don't know yet.
This may be true, but Moffat has been dropping hints in Season 7 about the Time War so it seems plausible that it is in relationship to that.
What hints? Need a reminder here.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote